What Kinds of Experts Do Orlando Personal Injury Lawyers Hire?
Personal injury accidents in Florida often come down to your word versus someone else’s opinion. That’s why it’s critical you have the facts on your side. Evidence builds strong legal cases. Just ask any experienced personal injury lawyer in Orlando or anywhere in Florida. They’ll tell you that you can never have too much evidence.
But what evidence matters most? What does it take to build a strong case? Often, expert testimony plays a critical role in Florida personal injury accident cases. And when you’re going up against big insurance companies or large corporations, it’s important to have experts working for you and helping your lawyer build a strong case. That’s because these large companies will almost sure have an entire team of experts and attorneys working on their case.
What types of experts normally work on personal injury accidents?
There are many different types of experts who consult with personal injury attorneys in Florida working on complicated cases. Some of the most common experts Orlando personal injury lawyers work with include:
- Accident reconstruction experts – Commonly used for Florida auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and pedestrian accidents. These experts routinely provide evidence regarding:
- Speed of vehicle that caused accident
- Whether the driver who caused the accident was:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Texting while driving
- Asleep at the wheel
- Retired police officers – Commonly used to examine police reports to verify that such documents were filled out correctly. Police officers can also often offer expert advice on auto accidents.
- Authors of scientific studies – Commonly used to provide testimony about a specific scientific study related to a specific case. Authors of scientific studies often work with attorneys on dangerous drug cases, specifically if certain drugs have dangerous side effects.
- Doctors or surgeons – Commonly used in medical malpractice cases in Florida. Doctors who did not directly treat you or your loved one can offer an unbiased opinion. They’re also capable of reviewing medical records for clues of any inconsistencies, including:
- Delay of treatment
- Hospital negligence
How much does it cost to hire an expert for a personal injury accident?
Typically, personal injury attorneys hire expert witnesses to help investigate cases and testify on behalf of the attorney’s clients. In most cases, Florida personal injury lawyers pay to hire an expert witness. As a result, clients do not have to worry about whether or not they can afford to hire an expert witness.
What’s more, injury victims often don’t need to worry about whether or not they can afford to hire a personal injury lawyer in Florida. That’s because many experienced Florida personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis. That means you only pay the lawyer fees if you win your case. If you don’t win, you don’t pay a dime. It’s that simple.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your case. Hire an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer to handle your case in Florida or wherever your injury occurred. And insist that your attorney hire an expert witness if you believe that will help the outcome of your case. Contact Richard B. Troutman, P.A. today. We can help you from our offices in Winter Park and Orlando.